What is ACSESS?
As the national voice of recruiting, employment and staffing services industry, the Association of Canadian Search, Employment & Staffing Services (ACSESS) leads Canada to work. ACSESS advances best practices and ethical standards for the $15 billion staffing industry through advocacy, government relations, professional development, resources and research.
ACSESS MISSION STATEMENT
To Promote the Interests & Growth of the Canadian Recruitment & Staffing Industry.
In order to accomplish this we will . . .
- identify, communicate and monitor industry standards and ethical business practices
- positively influence and protect the regulatory and business environment that impacts our members and the people they serve
- promote credibility and visibility of the industry to the business community, government, and general public
- provide our members with strategic support services, programs and tools to assist them in achieving their goals and objectives
ACSESS VISION STATEMENT
ACSESS strives to be the most highly recognized and respected Association for effectively protecting, supporting, and promoting the interests of the Canadian recruitment and staffing industry. We elevate the way members, candidates, and communities value our contributions to business, employment and society.
ACSESS was formed in 1998 when The Association of Professional Placement Agencies & Consultants (founded in 1962) merged with the Employment and Staffing Services Association of Canada (founded in 1968). Blending these two associations gave ACSESS an expanded mandate to represent all facets of the employment, recruitment and staffing services industry.
ACSESS Members and the Staffing Industry
ACSESS has 400 corporate members and represents more than 1,500 branch offices across Canada, which are primarily engaged in permanent placement, temporary placement/staffing, executive search and co-employment staffing services. Members provide a key service to businesses and offer a broad range of solutions to help companies in Canada be more successful.
ACSESS Member Advantages
ACSESS advances the interest and growth of Canada’s staffing and recruiting industry by:
- Identifying, monitoring and communicating industry standards and ethical business practices
- Positively influencing and protecting the regulatory and business environment that impacts members, as well as the people they serve
- Promoting the industry’s ability to deliver value and visibility to the business community, government and the general public
- Providing members with strategic support services, programs and tools to help them achieve their goals
ACSESS actively represents the staffing industry and its membership to government through input on employment legislation and regulations at national and provincial levels. It takes a leadership role to raise industry members’ awareness of legislation and regulatory changes which may affect their businesses and responsibilities as employers. To support professional development and promote industry standards, ACSESS provides and administers the Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) Certification Program. Candidates must meet core requirements, including: post-secondary education; length of service in the industry; compliance with the Code of Ethics; and testing. On successful completion, these professionals may use the CPC designation. The association also hosts numerous educational events, including an annual conference, training and seminars, and district programs, which are held across Canada. Please click on Events to view current and past events.
ACSESS members have access to:
- Legislative Bulletins
- Legal Case Studies
- Canadian Staffing Index monthly reports
- And several value-added, exclusive member services
ACSESS member companies pledge to uphold the Association’s Code of Ethics & Standards. They are committed to an industry that empowers clients to respond to business realities and changing technologies and offers all levels of workers a growing range of employment opportunities. ACSESS offers corporate memberships to any independent organization engaged in providing placement and executive search services, temporary and contract staffing services to the public sector and the business community in Canada.
The Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services (ACSESS) recognizes that its members operate in a competitive business environment, and cautions that any and all discussions held at ACSESS meetings or events need to be conducted in strict compliance with the Competition Act.