The following five factors are necessary to make a binding legal contract:
- Offer and acceptance one party makes an offer, the other party must accept.
- It can be a verbal offer and acceptance unless statutes covering offer state otherwise.
- The object must be of a legal nature.
- There must be stated remuneration for value of services received.
- Parties must be legally able to make or agree to the contract.
When taking an order or personnel requisition from an employer client, a personnel consultant should obtain the following information:
- full company name, address, telephone number
- full name and title of contact person
- confirmed authorization to pay a fee for our services once successfully completed
- detailed job description including current responsibilities, future expectations of client on employee's progress, performance
- skills required to perform work
- competitive and equitable salary range & benefits package
- previous success patterns i.e. related experience known to employer industry knowledge temp, permanent, etc.
- confirm sincere need NOW actual opening
- determine client's availability for interviews
- determine hiring procedures how many interviews
- acceptable working environment, location
- reputable firm determine if it is a workable order
The following points are provided to assist in the collection of required and legal information during applicant interviews:
- full name, address, home telephone number
- present employer and number if applicable
- current salary and benefit package
- 3 main responsibilities of current job
- why are they thinking of making a change
- what attempts have they made to date other agencies, ads, resumes to companies on own
- availability cooperative in arranging interviews
- are they serious or impulsive in the application with you have they logically arrived at the decision that it is time to move